Friday, May 06, 2005

Typhoon rider

Yes thats right, not ghost rider, not wave rider but typhoon rider. Today I rode home by bicycle in what I would call typhoon conditions (though the weather channel begs to differ).

It was pouring down rain and I was the poor little school boy without a lift home so he had to ride his bike. Armed with only a small umbrella (that actually only kept my head dry) and my heart of optimism, I embarked on the half hour journey home. Gale force winds, heavy rains tried to hamper me, but to no avail could they stop me. Bull dogs chased me for hundreds of kilometres (ok thats just the creative writer in me kicking in). No actually it was more like trucks running through puddles next to me got me really, really wet (and the gale force winds and heavy rains).

I found it really funny because I was absolutely soaked and all of a sudden a song came into my head that I haven't heard since kindergarden..... "this is the day, this is the day that the lord has made, that the lord has made. We will rejoice, we will rejoice and be glad in it, and be glad in it".
Like I said, heart of optimism.

When I got home (drenched might I add, I looked like I had been for a bike ride in the lake) I said "hehe jieshi is home and he is wet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" then it was all fixed when I was able to change into some comfortable clothes.

oh a little side note, I got an email fom the Australian National library yesterday. Apparently they stumbled across my site and have asked to archive it forever!! how cool is that? They thought my website was good enough to be stored FOREVER (note that was said in one of those deep, authorative, dark voices)

anyway time to go,

Jieshi