Wednesday, May 18, 2005

It's a fine day

So today the weather has managed to clear up. It really is quite amazing, the weather here just changes in an instant. Anyway last night I stayed up until midnight talking with my host mum and managed to sleep through my alarm this morning. I woke to the sound of "Mr Brightside" by The Killers (the song is my ringtone on my phone, oh and they are a really cool band from Las Vegas), it was my host mum calling to tell me she had woken up late too! She had to run off and drop my sister at school so she had to give me money for lunch, oh how sad....... ahhh JACKPOT BABY!!!!! You see my school canteen sells "breads" for lunch. Let me take a second to explain about "breads" and Japanese Bakeries.

Japanese Bakeries aren't like the Bakeries you would find in Australia (or the U.S. from what I have been told). Japanese Bakeries are always gourmet and they are dirt cheap, so when somebody says "oh we are going to have breads for lunch" in Japan, get excited because it is always going to taste delicious, look great and be really fattening (though with the amount of excercise I do here, I can eat anything! lol) I should probably take some photo's of the "breads" so you can get an idea of the yummy things I get to eat.

So I got out of bed and stumbled down the stairs with ten minutes to get ready. 15 minutes later it dawned on me that I was currently on a bike in the middle of Japan...asleep, lol I was really tired. Still riding to school I passed a man on a bike and he was staring at me like I was from another planet. Normally I wouldn't be bothered by this but the fact was he looked more like an alien than me, he was a Japanese man in his 50's and he had blue hair....... can I get a witness??

The rest of the day went according to a normal day, nothing really to talk about.

More updates to come,

Jieshi