Thursday, November 25, 2004

A free man

Hello avid readers (is this how I always start a post?)

In ten days I will offically be, as my mum describes it, a free man!!!!!!
Hehe my passport forms went through without a hitch on tuesday (*dances* "oh yeah, oh yeah" lol) and school finishes next thursday for one year!!! (*dances again* "oh yeah, oh yeah")
The reason I am offically a free man is because once I have that passport I can leave the country whenever I want (that is of course without thinking about technicalities like Visa's lol)

Although it is fun to think that I now have a three month holiday before I leave for Japan, there is also a melancholic feeling starting to set in due to the fact that I have been at this school with my peers since Kindergarden (circa 1992) and they are one of the best year groups anyone could have (despite difficulties ever had with some). The idea of leaving for Japan soon is really starting to set it in. I am sad that I will be away from my peers and friends for 1 year (sort of lol) but I definitely think that a change of scenery is in order for me ( I mean come on, I have been at the same school, with the same people for 13 years!!!!) so at the same time I'm not sad, just a little melancholic.

While all this is going on in my head at the moment, I have been/currently am taking photos of all my friends at school so that I can make an album. This is my last time with these guys as they will all graduate next year, while me I will graduate the year after. It is sort of scary because I know that it is the last time that I will see most of these people. Everyone always says that most of your friends in high school you will never see again after you finish, and that is just so true!!!! I know that I won't see most of my high school friends ever again. Bit of a weird thought when you think about it, you've spent most of your life with these people and then they just disappear forever.

Anyway while my post sounds all sad and stuff, I am so excited at the prospect of Japan. I can't wait to get there and hopefully make heaps of really good friends!!! Well I am a happy man and hopefully you are happy people (why did I just say that?)

well more updates and stories to come,
Jieshi